Now I ask you, what’s more New England than a 120-year-old barn smelling of pizza? Well, if you have any doubt, then you need to come up to the Dimond Hill Farm on Thursday and find out for yourself.
Pizza and produce … I bet that’s a combination even Abbot Presby wouldn’t have envisioned. But thank goodness his daughter Jane knows how much we all love good pizza up here at the farm and has brought in the region’s best, GMO-free, all natural, handmade pizza product for us – and for you, our Farm Stand customers – to enjoy anytime we want.
And the best news is that on Thursday, June 16, from 3 pm to 6 pm, you, too, can get a free taste of our newest, and arguably, most tasty farm stand product. Representatives from Half Baked Pizza will be demonstrating how to cook their product on either the grill or in the oven. The Burlington, VT, pizza maker is regionally famous for both the quality of their ingredients and the integrity of their manufacturing process.
All their GMO-free pizzas are hand tossed with homemade dough, homemade sauce and only the freshest ingredients. No preservatives, artificial colors or flavors are used; in fact the company motto is that “if you can’t find it in the kitchen, it doesn’t belong on the pizza.” All pizzas are handmade and immediately frozen so that customers can simply pop them into a hot oven and in ten minutes have themselves a great meal. And, if you’re in the mood for your own combination of flavors, balls of pizza dough are available in either white or whole wheat.
Some available pizza combinations are:
- Vt Mozzarella (with Tomato Sauce, Pasteurized Whole Milk Mozzarella & Romano Cheese)
- Lake Monster (with Tomato Sauce, Pasteurized Whole Milk Mozzarella, Romano Cheese, Spinach, Bell Peppers, Feta & Basil)
- Mt Mansfield (with Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, basil pesto, pasteurized whole milk mozzarella and romano, cheeses, sun-dried tomatoes, broccoli, and caramelized onions)
- The Otter Creek (with Extra-Virgin Olive oil, pasteurized whole milk mozzarella , romano, and feta cheeses, fresh rosemary, pine nuts, grape tomatoes and garlic)
- The Morgan (with Homemade tomato sauce, pasteurized whole milk mozzarella and romano cheeses, sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, and basil leaves)
- and “Feel The Bern” (with Banana peppers are what give this pizza the “Bern” and represent the state of Vermont. Topped with our homemade tomato sauce, pasteurized whole milk mozzarella, romano cheese, spinach, feta, and basil).
So come on by this Thursday and find out for yourself just how good frozen pizza can be. I’m bettin’ that once you sink those choppers into one of these tasty combinations and see how easy they are to prepare, you’ll be bring one or two home to the family dinner table. After all, who doesn’t like pizza … and if it is this good and good for you, then who wouldn’t want to serve it.
Gotta go now. All this writing about pizza is making me hungry so I’m going to preheat the oven, run out to the barn, grab me one of those “Feel the Bern” pizzas and have me a snack before Jane and the crew come back to gobble up most of my fun. See you on Thursday!
Well, nuff said …